Wellfleet Conservation Trust is an IRS approved non-profit organization established in 1984 to assist and promote the preservation of natural resources and rural character of the town of Wellfleet. Its mission is to conserve land in its natural state in perpetuity for enjoyment by current and future generations.
- Wed, Sep 18, 7 am; cleanup of a two+ mile stretch of Route 6; meet at the S. Wellfleet Post Office on the third Wed of each month, Apr-Nov; to join us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat, Sep 22, 3:00 pm; Beethoven on the Cape, Beethoven’s Pastoral symphony, Tan Dun’s Secret of Wind and Birds, using bird songs, and Stella Sung’s Oceana, featuring ship horns and humpback whale calls, plus a multimedia experience with an aerial view of Cape landscapes, developed with the help of the Harwich Conservation Trust.
- Sat, Sep 28, 10 am-noon; Co-sponsored with Harwich Conservation Trust; join mycologist Wesley Price on an exploratory walk to identify mushrooms in Wellfleet. Sorry, this walk is now full.
- Mon, Oct 14, 9 am; CoastSweep; Mayo Beach, Wellfleet.
- Sat, Oct 26, 9 am; First People’s walk.